Big Salty Range (SLPSA)
6316 2100 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Google Maps Link
We’re extremely excited to bring you this 3-day class format which is focused intensely on the skills your need to cut huge chunks out of your stage times. Rather than focusing heavily on fundamentals, we will apply essential competition skills to real stages, giving students the opportunity to experiment many times in a competition setting, working to improve scores on real stages and sections of stages, with lots of personal feedback from instructors.
- Day 1 – Modules and drilling on the most impactful competition skills including transitions and lots of movement techniques including entries, exits, shooting on the move, and efficient planning of movement sequences.
- Day 2 – We will squad as a class in range’s local USPSA match, and you will get direct coaching on perfecting stage plans and mental techniques to perform your best.
- Day 3 – We will return to the stages from the local match, and spend the day working on improving scores and perfecting your stage runs to get the best understanding of what it feels like to have your optimal stage performance.
The logistics of this class make it so we can open the class to all USPSA divisions. We recommended having a basic amount of competition experience before attending, but there is no restriction on class or skill level.
- 1500 rounds (high estimate, but better to have too much rather than not enough. Includes all rounds needed for the match as well)
- gun and all equipment needed for your division
- make sure you are zeroed AND FUNCTION TESTED prior to class
- lunch and snacks (we will break for lunch at the range, there will likely not be time to head anywhere for food), and water will be provided
- eye and ear protection
- cell phone/video camera highly recommended
- notepad highly recommended